Write about a meaningful object or place in your life that carries a story.

 yeesh what a prompt :>

Prompt Response
Since I know that these won't really be read by many people, I'll be quite open today since this question means a lot to me. I have tons of places or objects that carry a sense of story or meaning in my life. I'm that kind of person that always collect these pieces of memorabilia to remind me of who I am and who I was. To remember the humanity that still lingers as I live every second of my life.
It's hard to pick one in a sea of many so I'll write about my most recent one. The object in question brings me a lot of guilt and regret, but a reminder that I can still feel something even through the desensitization. An object that reminds me that this life I exist in isn't always so dangerous, and it isn't always out to get you; so I commemorated it in this item. The item in question is a handwritten manuscript of a jazz composition I wrote 4 months back as I write this, it's one of my first actually thought-out compositions, and on the back is a photo-realistic drawing of a certain person with a poem. As I write this, I've spent weeks trying to process the feelings I have towards this work. It hurts quite a bit. I hope I can one day have enough skill to perform this piece, and one day gather the strength to give this manuscript to the person it belongs to as I feel as if I'm not worthy enough to hold on to it. Maybe one day I will be worthy of it, and I will work harder each day to get to that goal.

Summary
Today (which is not today, this was due on August 11th) we read an origin myth titled "Navajo Creation" and filled out some questions on the back of the assignment page.

Reflection
It was actually quite an insightful story, it had so many different layers to it and I felt like it really fit a lot of meaning into the small amount of words it had. It talked about the consequence of action and moral responsibility, the interconnectedness of life, overcoming and processing difficulties, and the importance of balance and harmony. I learned a lot from how the Navajo people used to think and discuss their philosophies with each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a time you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.