How did creating your own origin myth help you better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of people, places, traditions, or natural events? In your response, describe the choices you made while developing your myth and explain the lesson, value, or human responsibility you wanted your story to communicate.

 ugh i was looking forward to this activity :<

Prompt Response
Since I've been with a pretty bad throat infection for the past few days, I wasn't able to attend school today so I'm not able to respond to this question as it was asked, so I will answer with a homologous topic. If I were to write my own origin myth, I would want it to be about some existentialist and philosophical topics that I'm most comfortable with; like the challenge of having to live a life of radical freedom (like making a choice when you don't know its consequence, etc.), the human's predispositions to selfishness among other things and how those can lead to real-world consequences, confronting the psychological burden of the human condition, confronting the little time we have to make an impact, and epistemic complexities that drive people to do what they do, among other topics that I think are necessary for everyone to know.
The story would probably be about a world that was created by a god who walked the Earth among the humans he created, since he wanted all humans to be as perfect as he was. Then the god messes up during the development of people which predisposes them to not being able to know everything, which leads to the god dying from his own mistakes. Then the human population find its body and then they believe that someone killed the god, leading to the fallout among the human population that drives the world to a dark place after advancing rapidly technologically, and how that technology leads to an event that destroys most of the people and developments, leading it to be in the condition it is now (now meaning around the epoch of the Navajo people), which is an underdeveloped world working on gathering its technology again as we work together as people and come to terms with the fact we don't know everything we think we do.

Summary
Absent.

Reflection
It's quite a dark story, but I feel like it would be the best way to encapsulate what I want to convey with the story. I can't really say anything else since I was absent and wasn't able to do this assignment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a time you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.