In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?
yooo welcome back :)
Prompt Reponse
There was one person, who I don't want to name, but I wish I could tell her how much she's changed my life without the stained glass in front of her. It was a tough situation and it helped me finally commit to the things I love; the music, the philosophy, the arts, everything, and I owe everything to her. She taught me how to finally internalize the parts of me I was too scared to live in since I'd always be looked down for it. She finally made me realize that the difference between being different and the same are the most drastic one. One is to live up to a standard that doesn't align with what you are, just what the others want, and the other was to just accept how you've grown up and the personality that's shaped in from all those life experiences. I still carry her in my mind sometimes. When I see her, I don't see the girl I once was in love with, but I now see her as the girl who I'm grateful for. I carry her on by never losing what she taught me during that week all those years ago, even though she doesn't know. I know it's just a memory in her head, and my face is just another.
Summary
Absent but I got the gist. Today we finished our heart mini-project and obviously read and analyzed the work "Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night" in Commonlit.
Reflection
I don't know, this work has always stuck out to me since I felt like it applied to so many parts of my life. But that one person I thought of was her, the girl I just talked about. How she changed the trajectory of my life and she doesn't know it.
Comments
Post a Comment