Write about a time you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.
whats up crew im back :>>
Prompt Response
I remember one day, I was exhausted and emotionally at a low point, I decided to go to a forest near where I was and, on a limb, I decided to explore it by myself. I really wasn't the biggest fan of the pure wilderness but when I started to walk deeper into the forest, something just clicked in me. I felt so much calmer, my head wasn't spinning with thoughts anymore, I felt the wind and humidity of the trees around me, the sounds of the leaves waving, the natural silence of the forest, and it all made me feel more like myself. It was an eventful few hours.
Summary
Today in class we learned about the basics of Native American literature, what to expect, some prevalent themes, characteristics of origin myths, and the main differences between myths, religion, and urban legends.
Reflection
It was a very insightful day today; like one thing I really internalize was the main difference between myths, religion, and urban legends; understanding how at a surface-level, they may seem like the same thing, but in reality, they have subtle nuances that make them very different from each other. That main difference being its truth and its relation to the natural world.
Comments
Post a Comment